It’s meetup time! This starts at 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentators. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Where to find us We will be in the upstairs room at The Royal Oak on Tabard Street. Its location makes it easy to get to from a number of stations. A map is below. The pub is about 700m walk from London ...
More than a decade ago, four competing rail freight operators — DBCargo, TX Logistik, SBB Cargo and BLS Cargo — decided to launch a common position paper setting out the need for better framework conditions to support the development of rail freight. The main problems identified at that time were a lack of customer focus and an unbalanced playing field compared to both rail passenger operations and road transport. Jump forward to today, and the Rail Freight Forward (RFF) initiative launched ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (00:15, 24 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)