Four months after the original planned opening of Crossrail, reports have been released today that could push the Elizabeth Line’s inaugural journey back to 2021. But it is far from the first infrastructure project that has run over schedule… and it’s unlikely to be the last. Though many more remain in our far-from-conclusive list, we thought it only fair that we look at some other rail projects around the world that are also experiencing similar time, engineering and budgetary ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ian on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (21:42, 16 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 November 2019 (15:51, 16 November 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (13:06, 14 November 2019)
- Dstock7080 on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (15:50, 13 November 2019)