San Francisco officials, who rejected electric scooters after an unruly, unlicensed rollout a year ago, are now cottoning to the two-wheel devices under a yearlong trial that limits their numbers. Midway through that trial, the city is poised to consider next week whether to double the number of street-rented scooters it allows, now that they’ve ironed out some kinks — notably preventing theft and deterring some vandalism by adding built-in locks to all scooters as of early February. Locks ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- KeplerNiko on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (22:58, 17 August 2019)
- Mark Townend on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:57, 17 August 2019)
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)