Or is it just a good way to market their product? A lot of big promises have been made about self-driving cars. If you listen to their boosters, the technology is poised to eliminate traffic, end car ownership, get rid of parking garages, address the carbon footprint of transportation, give us more time to work or use our phones — and those are just the ones at the top of my mind. But biggest of all has to be the promise to save approximately 40,000 lives lost every year in vehicle ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (11:32, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (07:01, 23 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (18:56, 21 August 2019)