The oil industry needn’t be too concerned, for now, about how Tesla Inc.’s electric cars are denting demand. China and its bus fleet could be more of a worry. By the end of this year, a cumulative 270,000 barrels a day of diesel demand will have been displaced by electric buses, most of it in China, according to a report published last week by BloombergNEF. That’s more than three times the displacement by all the world’s passenger electric vehicles (a market where Tesla has a ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Brian Butterworth on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (10:00, 19 October 2019)
- Paul on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (19:12, 18 October 2019)
- Aleks on The Waterloo Link (18:56, 18 October 2019)
- 100andthirty on Friday Reads – 18 October 2019 (17:31, 18 October 2019)
- Littlejohn on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (14:55, 17 October 2019)