Groundbreaking emission-reducing technology is to be fitted to South Western Railway (SWR) train units as part of a new trial aiming to cut down harmful emissions from diesel trains by 80%. Porterbrook is working in partnership with exhaust manufacturer Eminox to carry out the trial, with the DfT supporting the rolling stock company’s investment. This will see South Western Railway’s Class 159 diesel units fitted with a first-of-its-kind emissions control device, with plans to roll out the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Danielnal on High Speed Buffers? HS2 in London (Part 1) (05:44, 17 October 2019)
- Paul on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (00:06, 17 October 2019)
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (21:59, 16 October 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (20:56, 16 October 2019)
- J. Elson on The Waterloo Link (16:47, 16 October 2019)