Firstly, thank you to everyone who took part. Writing the questions is fun, but seeing how you all approach (and answer) them is even better. As we’re aware that it always takes us a while to pull together the results, we thought we’d do something a bit different this year and show you where people succeeded and failed. Of course, we’re aware that many more of you attempt the quiz than feel brave enough to submit, so if nothing else we thought this might be a nice way to show ...
Connecting Istanbul’s east and west, Marmaray suburban rail line officially opens. The long-awaited Marmaray project, revamping the existing suburban rail line with a tunnel connecting the sections separated by the Bosporus, finally came into service with all sections opening on Tuesday. The line, operated by the Turkish State Railways (TCDD) was opened in a ceremony in the Kartal district on the Asian side of Istanbul. This line, the busiest and most heavily-trafficked route in Istanbul, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Brian Butterworth on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (10:00, 19 October 2019)
- Paul on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (19:12, 18 October 2019)
- Aleks on The Waterloo Link (18:56, 18 October 2019)
- 100andthirty on Friday Reads – 18 October 2019 (17:31, 18 October 2019)
- Littlejohn on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (14:55, 17 October 2019)