The German capital plans to make major investments to expand bus and rail networks, boost frequency, and get ahead of population growth. When it comes to public transit, you can’t accuse Berlin of holding back on cash. This week, the city announced its transit masterplan for 2019 to 2023 (with a period of focus that actually extends to 2035), and a major overhaul of the city’s transit networks is in the cards. The funds allocated are generous, to say the least: Berlin is committing a ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ian on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (21:42, 16 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 November 2019 (15:51, 16 November 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (13:06, 14 November 2019)
- Dstock7080 on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (15:50, 13 November 2019)