This report reviews alternative sources of revenue to support new infrastructure and other development projects for which municipal funds are not readily available, reviewing two such instruments: Tax Increment Financing (TIF) and Land Value Capture (LVC). The authors found more frequent use of TIF than LVC. TIF has largely been used to fund small-scale projects, often not exceeding one or two hundred million dollars in capital costs, but the authors could find only two TIF implementations that ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)
- Mike Jones on Friday Reads – 11 October 2019 (11:20, 13 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Understanding Uber: It’s Not About The App (13:46, 11 October 2019)
- Anita Irwin on Angels and Errors: How the Harrow & Wealdstone Disaster Helped Shape Modern Britain (10:04, 11 October 2019)