California’s Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) is aiming to start construction on a second tube under the San Francisco Bay within the next decade, as transit planners anticipate population and job growth that could overwhelm the Bay Area’s stressed rail system. In mid-November, BART directors received an update on early steps toward a second BART crossing that could include both standard-gauge rail tracks and the wider BART tracks, which could allow riders to have a one-seat ride from ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)