Specialist train operator the Rail Operations Group (ROG) has announced it is acquiring two of Porterbrook’s innovative Flex trains for light logistics traffic. Capable of operating on both electrified and non-electrified routes, the new trains will help meet shippers’ needs for the rapid movement of goods and just-in-time delivery. With congestion on the road network increasing, a shortage of HGV drivers and the rapid growth in on-line shopping, many shipping firms are now exploring rail as ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)