Specialist train operator the Rail Operations Group (ROG) has announced it is acquiring two of Porterbrook’s innovative Flex trains for light logistics traffic. Capable of operating on both electrified and non-electrified routes, the new trains will help meet shippers’ needs for the rapid movement of goods and just-in-time delivery. With congestion on the road network increasing, a shortage of HGV drivers and the rapid growth in on-line shopping, many shipping firms are now exploring rail as ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- John Hudson on The Man Who Painted London Red (11:40, 22 September 2019)
- DaveN on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:07, 22 September 2019)
- Eric on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (08:34, 22 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)
- Reynolds953 on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (14:50, 21 September 2019)