Direct train travel between London and Bordeaux has come a step closer following the launch of a review to upgrade Bordeaux Saint Jean station. On October 10, infrastructure managers SNCF-Réseau, Eurotunnel, Lisea and HS1 jointly launched a feasibility study to look at the necessary station adaptations to create an open access high-speed route for an operator. The study will scope the requirements and costs for new border control and security facilities to allow passengers to travel directly to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)