As ride-hailing apps begin to control scooters and bike shares, they’re making it harder for people to make the best decisions about how to move around their cities. If you’re not a techie, you may not have come across the term “walled garden” before. But it’s a critical concept these days in technology business strategy–and it has the potential to fundamentally change the ways we travel throughout cities. In essence, a walled garden is a closed technology platform that limits the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:56, 14 September 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 6 September 2019 (08:36, 12 September 2019)
- Nameless on Monday’s Friday Reads – 9 September 2019 (07:24, 12 September 2019)
- Hugh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 2 September 2019 (18:55, 7 September 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (13:06, 6 September 2019)