Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads: • How London became centre of the world (NatGeo) • War pigeons & their double decker buses (MessyNessy) • Ocean liner style exhibit (scroll down page) (V&ADundee) • France’s optical telegraphs (LowTechMag) • Beverly Hills school board is fighting Metro extension (CityLab) • Maps of Pacific Electric’s LA region electric streetcar network (TransitMap) • An argument for streetcars in Sydney (Transportist) • Tramways In ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: A Hole New World (00:08, 12 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (19:24, 11 December 2018)
- ngh on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (07:07, 11 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (23:03, 9 December 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:04, 9 December 2018)