With 55 million different fares currently available in the UK, industry bodies are urging ministers to simplify ticketing and end anomalies like split ticketing. Could a door-to-door system be the solution the industry is looking for? In May this year, Uber launched a partnership with Virgin Trains that enables passengers to purchase a ride from their doorstep to any destination in the UK via a combination of taxi and train services. The move, which Virgin Trains says is an attempt to encourage ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (08:28, 26 June 2019)
- Sledge on In Pictures: The DLR at Twenty Five (16:57, 25 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:31, 25 June 2019)
- Graham H on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (08:13, 25 June 2019)
- Excalabur on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (12:30, 24 June 2019)