With 55 million different fares currently available in the UK, industry bodies are urging ministers to simplify ticketing and end anomalies like split ticketing. Could a door-to-door system be the solution the industry is looking for? In May this year, Uber launched a partnership with Virgin Trains that enables passengers to purchase a ride from their doorstep to any destination in the UK via a combination of taxi and train services. The move, which Virgin Trains says is an attempt to encourage ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JC on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (21:40, 12 November 2019)
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – 22 November 2019 (21:18, 8 November 2019)
- Neil on The Rise and Fall of a Vision: Wrightbus Enters Administration (11:02, 8 November 2019)
- Aleks on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:11, 8 November 2019)
- Littlejohn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 4 November 2019 (14:29, 7 November 2019)