With 55 million different fares currently available in the UK, industry bodies are urging ministers to simplify ticketing and end anomalies like split ticketing. Could a door-to-door system be the solution the industry is looking for? In May this year, Uber launched a partnership with Virgin Trains that enables passengers to purchase a ride from their doorstep to any destination in the UK via a combination of taxi and train services. The move, which Virgin Trains says is an attempt to encourage ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:56, 14 September 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 6 September 2019 (08:36, 12 September 2019)
- Nameless on Monday’s Friday Reads – 9 September 2019 (07:24, 12 September 2019)
- Hugh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 2 September 2019 (18:55, 7 September 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (13:06, 6 September 2019)