The French government is to prioritise investment at key rail hubs outside Paris. Reflecting what Transport Minister Elisabeth Borne terms ‘a national priority’ to improve access to rail services outside the Paris region, €2·6bn is to be spent on enhancing capacity at key hubs to support ‘greater rail use in cities, improved links to medium sized towns and improving transport connectivity in semi-rural areas’. Borne has set a target of doubling rail’s modal share ‘for daily ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Nameless on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (16:38, 23 September 2019)
- Jonathan Roberts on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (16:15, 23 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)