The operator of London’s upcoming Elizabeth Line has developed a platform that allows trainee staff to hone their safety and security skills in a virtual train station. In this Q&A, MTR Crossrail finance director Andy King talks to Joe Baker about the benefits of this innovative approach to training, and how it could be expanded in the future. The strength of a new railway depends not only on fancy new infrastructure and trains, but on competent staff keeping things running smoothly at ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (18:50, 22 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (17:34, 22 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)
- Reynolds953 on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (14:50, 21 September 2019)