Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads: • Choo Choo Chat on Crossrail with John Bull (GeoffMarshall) • Green number plates to boost electric cars sales (Guardian) • France’s TGV expansion takes new direction (CityLab) • UPS moving to electric delivery trucks (FastCompany) • Boston’s T subway network is falling apart (BostonGlobe) • NYC World Trade Center Subway station reopens 17 Years after 9/11 (InterestingEngineering) • Portland mulls closing 4 light-rail stations ...
Government agency Rail Projects Victoria (RPV) has begun the search for companies to help deliver the Melbourne Airport Rail Link. Launching the registrations of interest (ROI) process on September 12, RPV said it will help the Victorian government assess which organisations have the experience and capability to bring the project to fruition, as well as gauging interest from private sector investors and operators. Designers, engineers, rail systems providers, rolling stock providers, investors, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (22:32, 19 June 2019)
- Ivan on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (15:45, 19 June 2019)
- DannoH on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (13:19, 19 June 2019)
- Aleks on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (12:32, 19 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)