With things not going well for the Mayor and TfL on the railway front, they could have probably obtained some solace in the thought that the Mayor’s ambitious Healthy Streets policy was making good progress. Unfortunately, a first blow has been dealt by the City of Westminster with their about-turn on the planned pedestrianisation of Oxford Street. We now look at a further potential setback following a judicial review (JR) hearing brought the City of Westminster. This challenged the ...
Hundreds of hybrid-electric trains could roll out on Britain’s railways from the 2020s. Famed British manufacturer Rolls-Royce has signed a deal to test electric-hybrid trains on UK railways. The deal with UK firm Porterbrook could see hundreds of diesel trains converted to be less polluting. “We expect hybrid technology to grow at above the current growth rates of diesel,” said Andreas Schell, CEO of Rolls-Royce Power Systems. Rolls-Royce’s Power Systems unit, which sells engines ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (11:34, 16 July 2019)
- ap on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (11:08, 16 July 2019)
- ngh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (10:09, 16 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)