Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads: • TfL’s secret internal Tube map (DiamondGeezer) • The museification of London (FailedArchitecture) • Britain’s lost tram network and its future (Guardian) • Televised 1959 preview of Lisbon’s Metro (CityLab) • Budapest’s streetcars (TheUrbanist) • Uzbekistan’s secret Metro in pictures (Guardian) • Unusual Shinkansen bullet train safety training (SoraNews24) • Public transit isn’t as intimidating as ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (22:50, 15 October 2019)
- quinlet on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (22:39, 15 October 2019)
- William Barter on The Waterloo Link (20:46, 15 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)