London is introducing a Walking Action Plan designed to get residents of the capital choosing walking as their primary mode of transport when possible. The plan will see London’s streets being designed to support walking as much as possible including new infrastructure, better signposting and maps, and more pedestrian crossings. The plan is supported by Public Health England (PHE) with the aim that Londoners will take an extra million walking trips every day by 2024. Mayor of London Sadiq Khan ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:56, 14 September 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 6 September 2019 (08:36, 12 September 2019)
- Nameless on Monday’s Friday Reads – 9 September 2019 (07:24, 12 September 2019)
- Hugh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 2 September 2019 (18:55, 7 September 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (13:06, 6 September 2019)