RAILROAD Development Corporation (RDC) has developed plans to take a Vivarail D-Train from Britain to the United States to demonstrate how the rebuilt former London Underground (LU) trains could provide a low-cost rolling stock option for new passenger services. RDC is a major investor in Vivarail, a British company established in 2012 with the aim of rebuilding LU D78 stock vehicles into multiple units for use on main line railways. Vivarail obtained its first firm order for three two-car class ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- NickBxn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 21 October 2019 (00:41, 22 October 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (15:43, 21 October 2019)
- quinlet on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (09:16, 21 October 2019)
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (09:14, 21 October 2019)
- James Bunting on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (18:09, 19 October 2019)