Nants ingonyama bagithi baba Sithi uhm ingonyama! From the day it arrived at St Pancras, And blinking, step into the sun. There’s more to East Coast, Than, new a brand and cheap seats. More to do than can ever be done. There’s far too much to take in here, More to build than Network Rail can fund. But delay penalties high! And the Scotsmen that fly! Keep small the real profits to be found. It’s the circle of life! And it moves us all! Ingonyama nengw’ enamabala Ingonyama ...
Product development company 42 Technology has secured £350,000 worth of government funding towards developing a system that can turn passenger carriages into goods vehicles. The Adaptable Carriage system allows seats and tables to be stowed within three minutes, creating space for cargo that would normally be sent by road. 42 Technology envisages the system being employed on quieter off-peak services to carry low-density, high-value goods. It could also be used to create storage space for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: A Hole New World (21:32, 22 October 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (21:31, 22 October 2018)
- Mr Beckton on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (19:10, 22 October 2018)
- Betterbee on Friday Reads – 19 October 2018 (11:56, 22 October 2018)
- Richard Charter on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 1 (08:45, 21 October 2018)