We last looked in detail at the state of the Piccadilly line upgrades in January, when we revealed that TfL planned to leaseback the Crossrail fleet to pay for new rolling stock. This month sees the Programmes & Investment board look at the project once again. Item 8 on the agenda for May’s meeting covers the upgrade. Interestingly, whilst the project remains the same, it seems we have reverted to an earlier name. What had become the ‘New Tube for London’ is now ‘Deep ...
Contractor Dogus Construction has selected Alstom to supply a full APS ground-level power supply solution for the Eminönü-Alibeyköy tram line in Istanbul. Choosing Alstom’s street-level power rail solution means that the 10km-long line will be entirely catenary-free. Power will be picked up by contact shoes located under the vehicle on the tram’s central bogie. Conductive segments are activated when fully covered by the tram, ensuring safety for pedestrians and other road users. Continue ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (02:36, 18 February 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 15 February 2019 (22:22, 17 February 2019)
- Sad Fat Dad on The New London Bridge Station: First Impressions (20:51, 17 February 2019)
- Graham H on Southeastern Detraining: Investigation over Assumption (20:05, 15 February 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Garden Bridge Review: Garden Bridge Trust Transcript (Part 1) (08:13, 15 February 2019)