Barcelona public transport operator TMB is to undertake what it says will be the first test of vertical platform screen doors on a metro network, with doors supplied by STraffic of South Korea to be installed at Can Cuiàs station on Line 11 during the second half of 2018. The doors will each comprise three panels forming a barrier 1 800 mm high, lifting upwards to enable passengers to board or leave the train. According to TMB, much wider screen apertures are possible than with horizontal ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)