A network of rapid charging points for electric vehicles has been rolled out across London by Mayor Sadiq Khan. It includes 51 points for use by taxis and is part of a bid to improve the capital’s air quality, by helping phase out the use of diesel and encouraging the use of zero-emission vehicles. As of this year no more diesel taxis are being licensed, and all taxis that are licensed for the first time need to be zero-emission capable. This has prompted a necessary infrastructure upgrade and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on 55 Broadway’s Future Under Review (21:21, 18 September 2019)
- Ralph on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (19:09, 18 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (17:45, 18 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)