A network of rapid charging points for electric vehicles has been rolled out across London by Mayor Sadiq Khan. It includes 51 points for use by taxis and is part of a bid to improve the capital’s air quality, by helping phase out the use of diesel and encouraging the use of zero-emission vehicles. As of this year no more diesel taxis are being licensed, and all taxis that are licensed for the first time need to be zero-emission capable. This has prompted a necessary infrastructure upgrade and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Thirty Centimetres of Safety: An Incident At Peckham Rye (10:33, 21 November 2019)
- Anon on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (23:30, 20 November 2019)
- AlanBG on Monday’s Friday Reads – 18 November 2019 (18:33, 20 November 2019)
- Richard Kelly on LR Meetup at Royal Oak Pub, 14th November (16:27, 20 November 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Reading the Future (19:36, 18 November 2019)