A network of rapid charging points for electric vehicles has been rolled out across London by Mayor Sadiq Khan. It includes 51 points for use by taxis and is part of a bid to improve the capital’s air quality, by helping phase out the use of diesel and encouraging the use of zero-emission vehicles. As of this year no more diesel taxis are being licensed, and all taxis that are licensed for the first time need to be zero-emission capable. This has prompted a necessary infrastructure upgrade and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- RogerB on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (19:41, 19 June 2019)
- Ivan on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (15:45, 19 June 2019)
- DannoH on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (13:19, 19 June 2019)
- Aleks on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (12:32, 19 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)