UK Power Networks Services has implemented smart new electric vehicle charging systems to power UPS’s central London delivery fleet for what is believed to be the first time in the world on this scale. Currently, freight vehicles account for around one fifth of traffic in London. The Mayor of London’s draft Transport Strategy highlights how distribution centres in inner and central London, from where deliveries will be made by low and zero emission vehicles, will form part of the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (18:05, 23 September 2019)
- Ivan on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (17:24, 23 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)