TfL have issued a press release confirming a number of fares for the Elizabeth line. It can be read in full here, but the key tables are reproduced below. Peak services Heathrow to/from: 2018 Heathrow Connect fares Proposed Elizabeth Line Peak PAYG fares Difference to current Heathrow Connect fare Daily Cap London Paddington £10.30 £10.20 10p cheaper (1%) £12.50 Hayes & Harlington £6.30 £6.20 10p cheaper (2%) ...
Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • Modernism in London’s Metro-Land (CityLab) • London Transport Museum to open two engineering-themed galleries (DesignWeek) • Transit State of the Art (Reconnections) • Exquisite tunnel symmetry (Creator.Vice) • Munich puts people before cars to transit work better (TreeHugger) • Anti-sexual harrassment transport campaigns (SmartRailWorld) • Paris starts on demand night bus stops to fight harassment ...
Transport conferences can be technically dry affairs, policy wankfests, or both. Whilst there were a few monotone speakers at the Union Internationale des Transports Public (UITP), the global bi-annual event, hosted by Montréal, Canada in May 2017 was not in either of those categories. There were more interactive panels, digital poster sessions and workshops than ‘one way’ expert-to-audience presentations, as this summit featured technology and ideas in addition to transit ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (02:36, 18 February 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 15 February 2019 (22:22, 17 February 2019)
- Sad Fat Dad on The New London Bridge Station: First Impressions (20:51, 17 February 2019)
- Graham H on Southeastern Detraining: Investigation over Assumption (20:05, 15 February 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Garden Bridge Review: Garden Bridge Trust Transcript (Part 1) (08:13, 15 February 2019)