Journeys on Edinburgh Trams increased by 19 per cent from 2016 to 2017, reaching 6.6 million, leading to the company embracing new technology to meet the demands of its rising number of customers… Within two weeks of the launch of contactless payment ticketing at Edinburgh Trams, 50 per cent of the transactions processed were made by contactless methods. In December 2017 Edinburgh Trams asked Parkeon Transportation, their technology partner, to upgrade the 51 Galexio Plus terminals on the tram ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (01:46, 16 January 2019)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:38, 16 January 2019)
- RayJayK on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (22:29, 14 January 2019)
- Twopenny Tube on Narrowing the Options and Raising the Cash: The Battersea Northern Line Extension Moves Forward (09:16, 12 January 2019)
- Graham H on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (08:28, 12 January 2019)