London Electric Vehicle Company – LEVC – the company behind the zero-emission capable black cab, has handed over its first new model for use in the capital. The vehicle, dubbed the TX eCity is powered by a battery electric powertrain with a 1.3 litre petrol engine, made by Volvo. The technology allows for a range of over 400 miles including over 70 miles range with zero emissions. LEVC believes the taxi can ‘play a major role’ in helping to improve air quality in the capital. Cab driver ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (08:28, 26 June 2019)
- Sledge on In Pictures: The DLR at Twenty Five (16:57, 25 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:31, 25 June 2019)
- Graham H on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (08:13, 25 June 2019)
- Excalabur on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (12:30, 24 June 2019)