As part of Network Rail’s £170m Lee Valley Rail programme, disused land is being used to reinstate a third track between Stratford and Angel Road stations which was lost during the Beeching cuts of the 1960s. Due to be complete in 2019, the project will enable two extra trains per hour, unlocking sites for housing development and economic growth in the boroughs of Enfield, Haringey and Waltham Forrest. The Lee Valley Rail programme, running between Lea Bridge station which reopened in May ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Eric on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (08:34, 22 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)
- Reynolds953 on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (14:50, 21 September 2019)
- SE5TRAVELLER on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:24, 20 September 2019)
- Greg Tingey on 55 Broadway’s Future Under Review (21:21, 18 September 2019)