As anyone looking to properly understand London’s transport needs and network knows, context, background and best-practice are important. As readers might imagine, behind the scenes here at LR Towers we thus spend a lot of time sharing links and reading around the subjects we cover here.
We also occasionally share links containing good information about transport topics that we know we just don’t have time to cover. We also all, as authors, occasionally write elsewhere on this or tangentially related subjects.
Part of this week’s list is a special topic – air pollution. Mostly unseen, it’s effects can be felt for decades.
If you’ve got something you feel we should read or include in a future list, don’t forget to email us at [email protected].
- London Vehicle Pollution charge coming – Guardian
- Marylebone Road the world’s most studied road for air pollution – Guardian
- London ULEZ planned for 2020 – Air Quality News
- London exceed it’s annual EU pollution limit in just one week – CityLab
- Tube Commuters Breathe More Pollution Than Drivers – CityLab
- Behavioural nudges in transport – CityLab
Plus items from contributors:
- DfT’s Optimism Bias Study – DfT
- Level crossing closures to enable the STAR 3 tracking – DfT
- TfL tracks Tube journeys by mobile phones – Gizmodo
- LA bus ridership declines – LA Times