Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • DLR Conductor monologue (Londonist) • Soviet maps of London & other cities (CityLab) • Paris closed a major road & half its traffic disappeared (Fast Company) • Solution to traffic jams, pollution, and urban sprawl (Economist) • Titanic of the Pyrenees set to reopen (BBC) • New York Subway slipping back into the abyss from financial starvation (NY Times) • Denver Expanded LRT network, so Why are ...
Transport for London (TfL) has undertaken a body of research to better understand how customers spend their time on journeys on the network. The findings highlight the rise of the ‘me-time’ commuter, and have helped TfL to re-evaluate how it approaches customer satisfaction. Speaking at yesterday’s MRS Customer Summit in London, TfL’s research and insight manager Ian Pring gave an overview of the findings and outlined the role that the insights have played in redefining how the transport ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (08:28, 26 June 2019)
- Sledge on In Pictures: The DLR at Twenty Five (16:57, 25 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:31, 25 June 2019)
- Graham H on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (08:13, 25 June 2019)
- Excalabur on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (12:30, 24 June 2019)