In October 2016, Dame Margaret Hodge MP was appointed to lead an independent review of the Garden Bridge project. As part of this review, she conducted a number of interviews with key people and organisations. To aid future research and debate, we have committed to transcribing these interviews into a searchable, full-text format. The completed transcripts can all be found on our Garden Bridge Review page. Please be aware that this is a large project – combined, the interviews comprise ...
Seattle is topping one of its famous floating bridges with light rail. Her trio of floating bridges are already a marvel of modern engineering. By 2023, one of these spans will be reconfigured to include a major rapid transit line. As if it weren’t enough for the state of Washington to claim bragging rights as the self-described “floating bridge capital of the world”, transportation officials are beginning preparations to top one of these iconic pontoon-supported spans with a light rail ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (17:24, 21 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (14:48, 21 January 2018)
- Briantist on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (15:05, 19 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)