Virgin Trains has introduced a new service on its East Coast operations to auction unsold First Class tickets to its passengers through the new Seatfrog smartphone app. The new service will enable them to upgrade their tickets up to 30min before the departure of the respective train from its source. Under the initiative, passengers can bid against each other through an open and transparent auction process. First Class upgrades will cost from £5 and do not need additional paperwork or printed ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- DMVW9 on Crossrail: Finishing The Job (10:21, 17 October 2017)
- ngh on Understanding Uber: Breaking Down The London Driver Numbers (09:40, 17 October 2017)
- Stuart Winton on Understanding Uber: It’s Not About The App (06:47, 17 October 2017)
- Graham H on The Ninety Second Railway: Making the Victoria The Most Frequent Metro in the World (17:45, 16 October 2017)
- John on Old Oak Common: A Vision and Challenge For Crossrail (Part 1) (17:03, 16 October 2017)