Virgin Trains has introduced a new service on its East Coast operations to auction unsold First Class tickets to its passengers through the new Seatfrog smartphone app. The new service will enable them to upgrade their tickets up to 30min before the departure of the respective train from its source. Under the initiative, passengers can bid against each other through an open and transparent auction process. First Class upgrades will cost from £5 and do not need additional paperwork or printed ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (22:50, 15 October 2019)
- quinlet on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (22:39, 15 October 2019)
- William Barter on The Waterloo Link (20:46, 15 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)