Virgin Trains has introduced a new service on its East Coast operations to auction unsold First Class tickets to its passengers through the new Seatfrog smartphone app. The new service will enable them to upgrade their tickets up to 30min before the departure of the respective train from its source. Under the initiative, passengers can bid against each other through an open and transparent auction process. First Class upgrades will cost from £5 and do not need additional paperwork or printed ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (Part 1): A Brief History of Thameslink (22:08, 17 June 2018)
- Aleks on Upgrading the Piccadilly (18:02, 17 June 2018)
- B&T on The Cicadas Take Flight: Explaining The May Timetable Changes (11:03, 16 June 2018)
- ROGER FLETCHER on Angels and Errors: How the Harrow & Wealdstone Disaster Helped Shape Modern Britain (10:12, 16 June 2018)
- timbeau on Thameslink The Musical Act 4, Scene 3: The Grayling Letter (23:07, 15 June 2018)