On Friday 22 September, many Londoners who regularly use Uber received an email. “As you may have heard,” it began, “the Mayor and Transport for London have announced that they will not be renewing Uber’s licence to operate in our city when it expires on 30 September.” “We are sure Londoners will be as astounded as we are by this decision,” the email continued, with a sense of disbelief. It then pointed readers towards an online petition against this attempt to “ban the app from ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Dave on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (21:51, 24 April 2018)
- CDPL on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (21:21, 24 April 2018)
- Greg Tingey on The Kent Route Study (Part 2): Crossrail to Gravesend (17:25, 24 April 2018)
- Graham H on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (08:22, 24 April 2018)
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (21:25, 22 April 2018)