On Friday 22 September, many Londoners who regularly use Uber received an email. “As you may have heard,” it began, “the Mayor and Transport for London have announced that they will not be renewing Uber’s licence to operate in our city when it expires on 30 September.” “We are sure Londoners will be as astounded as we are by this decision,” the email continued, with a sense of disbelief. It then pointed readers towards an online petition against this attempt to “ban the app from ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Crossrail: Breaking Down the Crisis (02:56, 14 December 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:45, 13 December 2018)
- Aleks on Further Oyster Expansion Beyond London Under Discussion (20:05, 12 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (19:42, 12 December 2018)
- ngh on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (07:07, 11 December 2018)