On Friday 22 September, many Londoners who regularly use Uber received an email. “As you may have heard,” it began, “the Mayor and Transport for London have announced that they will not be renewing Uber’s licence to operate in our city when it expires on 30 September.” “We are sure Londoners will be as astounded as we are by this decision,” the email continued, with a sense of disbelief. It then pointed readers towards an online petition against this attempt to “ban the app from ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on 55 Broadway’s Future Under Review (21:21, 18 September 2019)
- Ralph on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (19:09, 18 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (17:45, 18 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)