TfL have confirmed that they will not be issuing a private hire operator licence to Uber. Their full press release is below. Uber’s current licence expires on 30 September. Uber have vowed to appeal the ruling and have 21 days to do so. TfL’s statement Transport for London (TfL) has today (Friday 22 September) informed Uber London Limited that it will not be issued with a private hire operator licence after expiry of its current licence on 30 September. TfL’s regulation of ...
TORONTO Transit Commission (TTC) issued a request for information on September 12 “to gauge market interest and capabilities of potential suppliers” for the delivery of up to 100 low-floor LRVs. Bombardier is currently delivering an order for 204 LRVs, which was placed in 2009, but the contract has been beset by delays. According to the original delivery schedule, 100 vehicles were due to be delivered by the end of 2016, but by the end of December TTC had received just 30 vehicles. The ...
Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. If you have something you feel we should read or include in a future list, please email us at [email protected] • Planned pedestrianisation of Oxford Street podcast (CityMetric) • Museum wants to preserve 1960s UK hovertrain (Beeb) • German artists stage performance for passing trains (BoingBoing) • Painting streets white to reduce urban warming (TreeHugger) • Rome opens ‘museum’ metro station displaying ancient ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Matthew Dickinson on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (20:00, 10 December 2017)
- RogerB on In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? (19:13, 10 December 2017)
- Latecomer on Friday Reads – December 8, 2017 (15:59, 10 December 2017)
- ngh on Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services (12:47, 9 December 2017)
- Greg Tingey on Garden Bridge Review: Clive Walker Transcript (09:25, 8 December 2017)
8 December, 2017
7 December, 2017
6 December, 2017
5 December, 2017
4 December, 2017
1 December, 2017
30 November, 2017
- Original Birmingham tram fleet auction (Transport for West Midlands) on
- Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail on
- In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? on
- Friday Reads – December 8, 2017 on
- Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services on