The second Thursday of the month brings with it our meetup, which happens next on 14 September from 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentors. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Location news: We wil be upstairs in the private room tonight – come up and join us! Where to find us We will be at The Royal Oak on Tabard ...
Various studies in recent years have showed that London’s commuters could be exposed to dangerous levels of bacteria, particulate matter and nanodust particles on the underground system. In June, the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan launched a new plan to improve air quality on the London Underground, including more testing, cleaning and better information for passengers. London’s air pollution is one of the main challenges facing the capital and its inhabitants. At the start of this year, the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Hayes Cyclist on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (21:41, 22 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)