The second Thursday of the month brings with it our meetup, which happens next on 14 September from 6pm. As always, these are informal affairs where the beer flows, offering an opportunity to put faces to the names of a few LR writers as well as regular commentors. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Location news: We wil be upstairs in the private room tonight – come up and join us! Where to find us We will be at The Royal Oak on Tabard ...
Various studies in recent years have showed that London’s commuters could be exposed to dangerous levels of bacteria, particulate matter and nanodust particles on the underground system. In June, the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan launched a new plan to improve air quality on the London Underground, including more testing, cleaning and better information for passengers. London’s air pollution is one of the main challenges facing the capital and its inhabitants. At the start of this year, the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (Part 1): A Brief History of Thameslink (22:08, 17 June 2018)
- Aleks on Upgrading the Piccadilly (18:02, 17 June 2018)
- B&T on The Cicadas Take Flight: Explaining The May Timetable Changes (11:03, 16 June 2018)
- ROGER FLETCHER on Angels and Errors: How the Harrow & Wealdstone Disaster Helped Shape Modern Britain (10:12, 16 June 2018)
- timbeau on Thameslink The Musical Act 4, Scene 3: The Grayling Letter (23:07, 15 June 2018)