Conservation through consolidation Here was the problem faced by the UK: 1. “The British do more of their shopping on the internet than almost anyone else in the world,” according to the Economist. 2. That means a lot of packages being delivered, which requires a lot of delivery trucks. 3. The amount of delivery trucks was clogging urban streets, adding both congestion and pollution. British municipal governments have begun to solve this problem in a creative way: Pooled delivery. By ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (00:22, 22 September 2018)
- Graham H on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (22:23, 21 September 2018)
- Paul S on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (20:13, 21 September 2018)
- quinlet on Friday Reads – 21 September 2018 (17:01, 21 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)