Installing CBTC in the Underground means installing radio antennas in the tunnels – approximately 450 of them – all linked by cables back to the control centre. The method originally envisaged for the fixing of the signalling equipment in the tunnel areas was to use mobile scaffold towers. These would obviously have to be continually erected and dismantled, configured for access to the required parts of the tunnel profile at every one of the 450 antennae locations, and all within the very ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Nameless on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (16:38, 23 September 2019)
- Jonathan Roberts on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (16:15, 23 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)