Installing CBTC in the Underground means installing radio antennas in the tunnels – approximately 450 of them – all linked by cables back to the control centre. The method originally envisaged for the fixing of the signalling equipment in the tunnel areas was to use mobile scaffold towers. These would obviously have to be continually erected and dismantled, configured for access to the required parts of the tunnel profile at every one of the 450 antennae locations, and all within the very ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Taz on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (01:04, 19 October 2019)
- Paul on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (19:12, 18 October 2019)
- Aleks on The Waterloo Link (18:56, 18 October 2019)
- 100andthirty on Friday Reads – 18 October 2019 (17:31, 18 October 2019)
- Littlejohn on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (14:55, 17 October 2019)