Japan Railways wants to build a team of robots to help travelers, catch criminals in its stations. On July 5 East Japan Railways announced the formation of JRE Robotics Station. While that may sound like a special train station for robots to use as they make their way around the country, the truth is a little different, though no less cool. Despite the name, Japan Railways does more than operate a train network. The company is also part of the property management, hospitality, and technology ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)