“When I was at school I liked art.” Says Michèle Dix CBE, Managing Director of Crossrail 2, when we ask her how she began her journey to the world of London transport. “I liked drawing, creating stuff and science. And then someone mentioned engineering and I thought ‘well civil engineering actually combines those.’ ” “So I did civil engineering and liked it.” She explains. “But the bit I liked was actually the transport stuff. I don’t know why! But I just liked transport ...
SurferLab is built around a core theme which concerns embedding artificial intelligence based processing capabilities in complex mobile systems (trains, cars, planes, trucks…) to implement and optimize various control, monitoring and diagnosis (health monitoring) functions. The aim is to make these systems more intelligent, more autonomous, and capable of adapting to the unexpected. It is assumed that these systems are immersed in a fleet interacting with a control or maintenance centre ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- DMVW9 on Crossrail: Finishing The Job (10:21, 17 October 2017)
- ngh on Understanding Uber: Breaking Down The London Driver Numbers (09:40, 17 October 2017)
- Stuart Winton on Understanding Uber: It’s Not About The App (06:47, 17 October 2017)
- Graham H on The Ninety Second Railway: Making the Victoria The Most Frequent Metro in the World (17:45, 16 October 2017)
- John on Old Oak Common: A Vision and Challenge For Crossrail (Part 1) (17:03, 16 October 2017)