“When I was at school I liked art.” Says Michèle Dix CBE, Managing Director of Crossrail 2, when we ask her how she began her journey to the world of London transport. “I liked drawing, creating stuff and science. And then someone mentioned engineering and I thought ‘well civil engineering actually combines those.’ ” “So I did civil engineering and liked it.” She explains. “But the bit I liked was actually the transport stuff. I don’t know why! But I just liked transport ...
SurferLab is built around a core theme which concerns embedding artificial intelligence based processing capabilities in complex mobile systems (trains, cars, planes, trucks…) to implement and optimize various control, monitoring and diagnosis (health monitoring) functions. The aim is to make these systems more intelligent, more autonomous, and capable of adapting to the unexpected. It is assumed that these systems are immersed in a fleet interacting with a control or maintenance centre ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (08:16, 26 April 2018)
- Ian Jackson on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (02:54, 26 April 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (08:28, 26 April 2018)
- ngh on The Kent Route Study (Part 2): Crossrail to Gravesend (08:44, 25 April 2018)
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (21:25, 22 April 2018)