For Sale: The Entire Contents Of Heathrow Terminal 1 “(15+) Kilometers of Stainless Hand and Foot rail systems”. “(11) Luggage Reclaim Carousels”. “(4,000+) Airport Seats”. “(5) Complete Airbridges (In storage)”. So reads the inventory for the sale of this summer; the entire contents of Heathrow Terminal 1 is being plucked out and sold off. Full article Sale brochure
Competition between the City and Canary Wharf, Conservative party politics and the rise and fall of one of the world’s largest property developers all helped define the Jubilee line as we know it today. Jonathan Roberts and Long Branch Mike explore the relationship between the Jubilee line Extension and the Docklands and the near-forgotten plans to build the ‘Waterloo & Greenwich’ – London’s first privately-funded Tube since WW2. In the 1970s and early 1980s ...
“Environmental lawyers are taking the government to the high court for a third time in a bid to remove “major flaws” from minister’s plans to tackle the UK’s illegal levels of air pollution. “ClientEarth has inflicted two humiliating defeats on the government over previous plans, which were ruled not to meet legal requirements. Lawyers from ClientEarth had requested improvements to the latest plan from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on The Man Who Painted London Red (14:16, 22 September 2019)
- DaveN on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:07, 22 September 2019)
- Eric on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (08:34, 22 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)
- Reynolds953 on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (14:50, 21 September 2019)