A report produced by consultancy Steer Davies Gleave with support from Politecnico di Milano looks at the future of night train services. “Passenger night trains in Europe: the end of the line?” looks in detail at the financial, economic, social and environmental viability of night train services. The report says that while night train services have declined, they still contribute to the mobility needs of European citizens. Although ‘it seems unlikely that the night train sector ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (15:12, 23 September 2019)
- Silenos on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (13:24, 23 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)