“London’s congestion charge is set to be extended under new plans from Mayor Sadiq Khan, who wants to charge the most heavily polluting cars and vans a daily fee of £12.50 to enter the city centre from 2019. Asthma-sufferer Khan, who was elected less than a year ago, has promised to make London one of the greenest cities in the world, with more electric buses and charging points for cars. “An Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ), in which cars must meet stringent emissions standards to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on 55 Broadway’s Future Under Review (21:21, 18 September 2019)
- Ralph on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (19:09, 18 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (17:45, 18 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)