What’s in store for the UK’s big rail fare shake-up “The Department for Transport recently announced far-reaching changes to UK rail fares in an attempt to make it easier for passengers to buy the cheapest tickets. Trials on selected routes are due to start in May and could lead to the most radical overhaul of the fares system in more than 30 years. In February a set of radical changes were jointly announced by the government and key rail industry bodies as a measure to modernise ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Garden Bridge Review: Isabel Dedring Transcript (18:16, 16 December 2017)
- Malcolm on The London Reconnections 2017 Christmas Quiz (17:38, 15 December 2017)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – December 15, 2017 (15:27, 15 December 2017)
- ngh on Important Information About LR December Drinks! (09:54, 14 December 2017)
- Walthamstow Writer on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (21:14, 13 December 2017)