TfL have released a number of images showing the Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) for the Northern Line Extension. These were lifted into place at Ferrovial Agroman Laing O’Rourke’s TBM portal at Battersea earlier this month. The images highlight that whilst this will be a different build (both in terms of scale and, to a certain extent, technique) to Crossrail, the overall approach and technology involved are broadly the same. Despite coming from a different supplier (NFM Technologies in ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (08:37, 24 September 2019)
- Ivan on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (17:24, 23 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)