TfL have released a number of images showing the Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) for the Northern Line Extension. These were lifted into place at Ferrovial Agroman Laing O’Rourke’s TBM portal at Battersea earlier this month. The images highlight that whilst this will be a different build (both in terms of scale and, to a certain extent, technique) to Crossrail, the overall approach and technology involved are broadly the same. Despite coming from a different supplier (NFM Technologies in ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (08:28, 26 June 2019)
- Sledge on In Pictures: The DLR at Twenty Five (16:57, 25 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:31, 25 June 2019)
- Graham H on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (08:13, 25 June 2019)
- Excalabur on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (12:30, 24 June 2019)