Just a quick site notice to let any readers who work for Crossrail know that it’s not just TfL staff that can download LR now. Crossrail staff can now also get the digital version of LR Magazine sent directly to their inbox for free. This also includes a discount for those wishing to upgrade to a personal print subscription. If you work at Crossrail and wish to sign up for this, you can find full details here. Those wishing to enquire about download packages for their own firm or ...
It will likely come as a surprise to no-one that the residents of LR Towers are inveterate browsers of second-hand bookshops. Occasionally these dusty forays yield more than obscure texts. Such is the case here, where a recent visit saw the discovery of a number of old bus photos tucked into an old timetable book. The photos help highlight the sheer variety of vehicles that have been used to carry passengers on London’s streets since the first introduction of the bus. They represent only a ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Walthamstow Writer on Crossrail: Breaking Down the Crisis (19:13, 16 December 2018)
- Greg Tingey on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (14:57, 16 December 2018)
- Aneconspeaks on Friday Reads – 14 December 2018 (18:28, 16 December 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: A Hole New World (09:45, 13 December 2018)
- Aleks on Further Oyster Expansion Beyond London Under Discussion (20:05, 12 December 2018)