For those living and working in London and the South East it has become almost impossible to be unaffected, either directly or indirectly, by the trouble-hit GTR franchise. Understandably there is anger and frustration at what is going on. The problems on Southern that have led to a controversial emergency timetable being introduced are often portrayed in very simple terms. At its simplest, it would appear to be a petty dispute over who should shut the doors on the train. This simply does not ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (11:34, 16 July 2019)
- ap on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (11:08, 16 July 2019)
- ngh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (10:09, 16 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)