There are only so many ways of crossing the River Thames east of Tower Bridge. East of Greenwich the communities on the north and south banks are little more than distant relatives. Continuing our look at London’s first highway, we examine TfL’s plans for three new major river crossings between the Blackwall Tunnel and Dartford in an effort to finally overcome this natural barrier. We also look at why TfL are suddenly interested in building roads. Lucky number thirteen In December ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- NickBxn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 21 October 2019 (00:41, 22 October 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (15:43, 21 October 2019)
- quinlet on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (09:16, 21 October 2019)
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (09:14, 21 October 2019)
- James Bunting on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (18:09, 19 October 2019)